PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION
Do you know of a person or project in the field of preservation that should be recognized? We welcome your nominations each year for SOHO's Annual People In Preservation Awards. Presented each May during National Preservation Month, SOHO recognizes outstanding achievement in the field of historic preservation. We need your help in identifying the deserving people in your community who have helped to save San Diego's heritage.
An independent jury of architects, preservation professionals, and business leaders, who have knowledge and experience in historic preservation, selects the award winners.
If the nomination is for a project, the project must be completed. Nominations must include the completed nomination form and photos. Limited supplemental information may be attached. Incomplete nominations will not be considered. Entries must demonstrate outstanding achievement in the field of historic preservation. An independent jury of architects, preservation professionals, and business leaders, who have knowledge and experience in historic preservation, selects the award winners. The jury will use the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation in their review.
Nomination deadline is March 22, 2013 at 5pm.
2013 People in Preservation Nomination Form (2-page pdf)
- The application must be filled out completely to be considered for nomination
- Projects must be completed
- Projects must be located within San Diego County. However, a person who has made a significant contribution in some way to San Diego need not be a resident.
- Eligible nominees are people who have made a difference in historic preservation in San Diego. Some typical awards are Preservationist of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, Outstanding Home Restoration, and Gift to the Street (exterior restoration).
- Projects may be institutional, commercial, or residential. Construction projects may be restoration, renovation, rehabilitation, or adaptive reuse.
Please submit nominations to:
Save Our Heritage Organisation
Attn: Alana Coons, Events & Education Director
2476 San Diego Avenue
San Diego CA 92110
Phone: (619) 297-9327
Fax: (619) 291-3576
PAST PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION AWARD WINNERS