- ABOUT SOHO
- OUR MUSEUMS
- TOURS & EVENTS
- PRESERVATION RESOURCES
The Adobe Chapel was originally built in 1850 as a home, and was converted to a church by Don José Aguirre in 1858. After having been bulldozed for street realignment in the 1930s, the WPA rebuilt the adobe chapel in 1937. Much of the interior artifacts from the original chapel have been retained, including the tabernacle, the altar with its beautiful marbleized finish, some woodwork including pews and doors, and José Aguirre's tombstone is laid in the floor.
Read all about the Adobe Chapel in the following articles published in SOHO's quarterly Reflections
Join our Facebook page
3963 Conde Street, San Diego 92110